Friday, December 30, 2005

fate or destiny ?

Has all of our future been written already before we are born or do we make our own destiny? Or is it fate that governs our life ?
Many ppl consider fate and destiny to be one and the same, they talk as if their fate is their destiny. its pretty interesting to see the difference in the two though
One can callhis Destiny his aim or goal that he has come in life to achive. Its the need to do something so it will lead us to our goal, many believe our destiny is the aims we make before coming to life. Where upon coming to life we dont really remember that aim but our actions and events all take us towards that destination which we call destiny.
if we went on about fulfilling our destiny fate would not exist. Its believed in astrology that each person has its guiding star, that star is there to keep us on the right track when we lose sight of our unkown yet known aim , The Destiny. And this guardian force is called fate. Since the destiny is hidden and we dont remember the aims we strived for before starting our journey of life, we tend to lose sight of it and we sooner or later stray from the path.
Here , at these times fate intervenes, to knock us right back to our path. Some call it the friendly nudge in the right direction. But those of us who have gotton that particular nudge would feel its not that friendly at all, its sometimes cruel and merciless, its sometimes harsh and bitter, it sometimes breaks our hearts and yet in another situation it sometimes unkind.
But its all for the greater good they say. and what is that greater good if we talk in terms of the two above? its destiny , our goal in life we want to achive.
And to above all that i have but this to say.....NO DARNED WAY
If i accept the above i am negating my choice of free will. They say finding ones destiny is ones own reponsibility, and fate is but an agent of our destiny. I say why not forge a destiny i want, I am given the choice of free will not because i would accept whats done to me as is ,
I will choose my own paths and make my own decision. Let the fate come with full wrath to bend my will.

I was given Free will. I WILL MAKE my OWN Choices

2 comments:

MEDHA said...

hummm......hehe...so my hands have been iching to type something out here...lol...
hummm...sooo now its revenge time buddy!!
lol...naah...
oki...so finaaalllllllyyyyyyy...
the skin colour is lookin fine... infact gr8...my favourite colour...
**hugs**
so yes...fate and destiny...yup...the nudges arnt friendly at all...(personal experience talks)...
ummm...yes i do believe in astrology...and yeah...i'll kick u if u delete this post... umm...haan...i kno u wont though...
:wub
i love it...i was shocked to see it...and my first reaction being
"oh my god...h...a blog and u??m i able to see rite or i m just one of those crazy ppl??"
lol...
luuuuuvvvvvvvvv it...
**tickles**

MEDHA said...

Has all of our future been written already before we are born or do we make our own destiny?
Its karma…infact just yesterday I wrote something abt reincarnation on arfu’s blog…because I think he mentioned death or something. Neways… coming bac to the point…
Karma…a cycle…a continuity process…tats wot it is…
No destiny no fate. We are here to learn. A soul is existing in this realm i.e. earth just to learn. There is no learning process in othere realms. By tat I mean the heaven or wotever ppl term it as… in other realms its more of a rejuvination process for the soul. Ummm… I think I m getting to the meditation side of it… I guess we’ll leave this for some other time though.
I feel destiny can be planned…tats meta-physics in my terminology. Neways… destiny is nothing but the path chosen by us to learn…yes US…
Suffering, grief etc… its all chosen by the soul b4 hand. And incase if free will takes over then the soul learns its lessons in the next birth.
I know many who do not believe in reincarnation in the first place and wont b surprised if u one of them too. But my point here is tat… the continuity of life… the mere fact of life being endless and souls being immortal and only physical body being mortal… reduces the sense of insecurity among oneself… simply because then ppl stop questioning the fate and the destiny…becoz for them the 2 words are just merely a part of the dictionary. And ntn more and ntn less…
Ummm…oki…yeah… free will…absolutely…it works wonders…but many a times.. u havta submit…infront of the twist and turns…which I term as the uncertainty of life…
U may want something…or may have even planned something…but there is soooooo much…and strangely sooooooooooooooooooo much…tats beyond our capacity…
A different level all together…..things tat are not in our control…neways…
If I can recollect some more…I’d send ya tat later…
It grew on to me like a weed…sowy…
And yeah…I kno loadza things u wont b agreeing wid…but yeah…apna apna point of view hai…hai naa?
Neways…luv ur blog…(banana dance)
-d