Sunday, January 15, 2006

the last eid

Its sunday and today my Eid holidays end. With it comes an end to the last Eid in this house.

The home which was always there ever since i can remember, the home in which there are so many memories , so many events, so many deaths, so many weddings is no longer going to be here comes this may.

This home belongs or belonged to my grandfather on my fathers side. Where ever we were posted, this home was always there to come on eid's, this was always the permenent home adress. My passport, my NIC, my drivers license, all my bank information, each and every legal document i have, has this address as my permenat address.

Its an extremly old building, more than 150 years old now, waznt always is my familys pocession, but its been in ours long enough to see 4 generations here, i being the 3rd.
High roof, 15ft at some rooms to 20ft at the others, wide walls 6ft. old wooded doors and ceilings even a wooden floor in the drawing room, huge rooms wide lawn, garden, veranda, trees and greenry, the whole are no longer ours, we are now just but living in a land which is now owned by someone else.

its not time yet to say good bye to this house yet... but it was the last eid we will ever see in this house nonetheless, no the last we see in this HOME ....it is home and will always remain home even when its gone

4 comments:

ordered-chaos said...

Home is where the heart is :) and while I can understand what you feel I think despite the memories which you have here as long as the people who made these memories are there the new place will be as much "home" may be more then this was or is :)

Sadaff said...

:(

at least you got to spend eid in your 'home'.

*sigh*

MEDHA said...

"change is the only constant thing in life..."

no i dont jumble feelings wid words...like 'humans' do...so tat in the end if ppl find the theory confusing they appretiate it...

its simple...changes are there...and are for the better...they have a new 2moro for u...perhaps u shud move on and grab that opportunity...clinging on to wot is going is 'bakka'...
remember u told me tat once...
yes...but the memorios are urs...and no1 will take it away from u...coz no1 can...
love ur present and walk the road of the present...

ah this isnt me at all...hahaha... some1 else toking from inside mE...
--influenced mE

Stray Angel said...

wow!! ur temp rox!