Wednesday, January 24, 2007

another loss

my grandfather passed away on 21st Januray 2007.

I could still feel his faint pulse as i held his hand, while others were trying to revive him, and then all of a sudden there was no pulse, his hand was still warm within mine when i had to make the first call to inform others of the loss.

Its never easy calling up someone and telling them what has happened, especially when its your mother or aunt miles away and you have to inform them that their father has left us for ever,

and then past 2 days have been a blur, so many ppl in the house, chaos, ppl crying and then the funeral itself , the time when you have to lay them in the grave and then they close it up and you just stand there and feel how utterly helpless a human being is.

After returning from the gravyard , i went to his empty room, and just sat there, and my eldest khala came and asked , "chorr aye" , and thats when i lost it, and i cried and i cried i dont know for how long ...

i will miss him, everyday when i go downstairs to leave for office , i will pass by his now empty room, everynight when i will come back, there wont be anyone still awake in his bed waiting for me to return, no one will call me to ask me where i was and when i would be coming back if i ever ran late at nights.

oh i will miss him.... i will

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel...I lost my grandfather recently...he was gem of a man...I can understand and feel your pain...but what comforts me is knowing that he is in heaven...and thats what matters most...take care of yourself and especially your mom...and pray for your grandfather...that's what he needs most...take care.

M said...

... u knw after sumtym. It'ld feel lyk he's gone sumwhere for a visit in another country..

he wudnt feel a universe apart. Thats -probably Allah ji's way of consoling us.. the strong feeling tht they ARE THERE, ..jus out of reach.