Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sleep i want

Last night i tried sleeping early at 2am, cause the cells on my wireless controler died and the new game i bought i didnt get to play. So the previous night i was traveling back to Lahore, again that 6-1/2 hour journey back which resulting in hurting my back more than it already was. Reached Lahore at 7:30am, and was in office by 10. Left office early around 8pm and was home by 9. Everyone thought i was sick to be back so early. Just told them i wanted to get some sleep.
Which brings us back to my trying to sleep early, so when powered up my 360, and started playing , the controller died on me, then is when i decided i should sleep early. so by 2:15am lights were out and i was in bed eyes closed. The thingy is, i think i have forgotten how to sleep early, kept tossing and turning all the while, and when i finally got to sleep it was around 8am, from 8 till 9 i slept peacefully, and at 9 my whole dream state was vibrated out of existance as a text with "Good Morning" in the body was received, i think i havent replied to that text yet.

So my eyes were hurting by that time, and i had a meeting at 11:30am with the customer for which i needed to be in office max by 11:00, so got there in time, went to customer, only to find out that the meeting is postponed till evening, came back to office, and 4 hours, 3 conference calls and a heavy lunch later im sitting and thinking i dont wanna work. I havent even started outlook yet to downloaded my emails, and my back has started hurting again.

There is an interesting history of my back, goes 10 years back in time. It was summer and i was off on my Fsc holidays, So there at home one night , we all cousins 3 same age, 4 around 2 to 3 years younger, we decided to play football inside the room. Like our home was one of those old homes with high ceilings (15ft) and wide walls ( 6feet thick) and huge rooms, so this room, the one named "lamba Kamra", we started playing football, and in the process i twisted my left foot anckle, so game ended after 10 mins of its start.

Next day i was in the courtyard, and there is a big Shahtoot tree in the back garden, and it was Shatoot season, and im sitting there and i decide i need to eat those shahtoots, So this tree is huge, the lowest branch starts from 14ft or 15ft and then it goes up. So in my current state with a twisted ankle is was not possible that i would be climbing the tree, so i decided to use the brain which normaly is rotting away and brought the ladder. This was a bamboo ladder, huge, longest in house 18 or so feet, so i placed it beside the tree at a nice angle and slow and steadily started moving up.

Now when only 3 more steps were left, i heard a cracking sound, and an instant later i had those 3 steps hanging in my hands and the ladder below me was there no more. And just like in cartoons , i had a split second reaction "oh O" and then i was falling, the next thingy i remember is a hard thump on my back and all wind being knocked out of mE, and for a while i could not breath. I was on the ground facing up, my hands spread on my sides. Finally i managed to turn and lift myself in Sajda postion and then i could breath. By that time Ammi had who was in Kitchen and had heard the crash came and found mE in there, called my cousins and i was carried in. I got my color back from intense white in 4 hours and i was breathing normal again and was able to walk around. The place i fell, it was soft ground from rain the previous night, and there were 3 bricks present between my chest and my open arm, if i had just fallen a few inches right, it would definately have broken somethingy. So ever since that day, my back sometimes starts acting up.

Its almost 5pm now, i still havent started anywork, the meeting has been postponed to tomorrow second half. My planning guy who was to give the presentation is going on leave tonight. His social suicide is planned for this weekend. I might be able to attend his vamila on sunday in Isb if im there. 3 More ppl from my staff would be on similar leaves in the coming few weeks.

The point being, now i think i would need to talk more on the presentation. I be sooo not looking forward to it.
I think i would go to CTC now, for a coffee, then when i return, there are 2 more conference calls to cater for, i think i will check my emails then, or not havent made up my mind yet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive already heard this story before.
it was like a bad case of deja vu :p
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
you decided to CTC without getting my concurrance
that is so unnice.
i still much dislike you.


so when u taking the similar leave?

Anonymous said...

Your back reminds you that once you weren't a good tarzan.

Anonymous said...

I love CTC...oh how I love their baked goodies...CTC is awesome during those rare summer rains in lahore...your in your hot shalwar kameez...with blow dried hair and fresh makeup...the hot lahoree guys are there checking you out (needless to say they also have hot cars)...sigh...I miss lahore :(...laters.

ps: sorry to hear about your back...I have back aches too...but the only thing you can do for them is exercise!!!...laters again.

mE said...

hemi , you aint in lahore thus ghustaki ho gai

adnan, err???

noone, well personaly i would not want guys checking me out , like really, but your right lahore is fun

Anonymous said...

well...who said they would be checking you out...unless you happen to wear fresh makeup!!...now that would be creepy...anyhow...lahore...lahore hayy!! laters.

*Dulce* said...

ahh the adventurous you. :P

mE said...

well when i was a kid , Ammi told mE keh i was my biggest enemy