Thursday, May 17, 2007

no one can save me

so after all this time my inbox is looking a bit better

so after like getting killed sort off in a marathon meeting, for which i was soo not prepared for and i was to present the darn thingy, what happened was that on tuesday night around 11 i got a text from my manager saying meetig at 2:30 for finalization of phase 2 kick-off
so i replied back that there is a scheduled power outage in office till 2 so please confirm the time of meeting , "meeting is at 2:30" was the reply.
so instead of going to the other office and get it crowded wheneve there is a power outage this long, i decided to wok fom home till 2 and then go to the meeting and all,
so at 2 i get a call from my manager, where are you , i say im in home and will come as soon asthe light is there, and he is like, im in office when you come we can both go to customer, and this is when i get my first mental shock " meeting is at customers office? " (translation : "damn, the meeting is with the customer??? not internal"), "yes"
before that i was thinking of wearing jeans and a tshirt to office case it would be a small day and then i got ot of the bed, huriedto my wardrobe to seach for anythingy formal looking cause i know i had given all the rest stuff in laundry just the day before, got ready and reached the customer office by 2:40,
so the meeting started, and i hurridly put up a few slides, project plan and then the "session" started, with in front of the firing squad presenting a project plan which was not complete, which i had taken few things out just a moment ago as they were internal things and that also messed it up a bit,
repeatidly trying to CMA (cover my anatomy), doge commitments, and juggle responsibilities and tying to get other ppl in the meeting to focus there attention on somethingy else other than me (which was a bit difficult as i was the only one presenting ) , the damed meeting , the KICK-mE session lasted 5 -1/2 hours, i kid you not ,
i didnt had any lunch cause normal lunch time is 2;30 for me or late, but due to meeting had to rush, breakfast i normally dont do, and all that time first i was dying of hunger , and then the hunger died ,
and then i had many action items to take to my team back in office , so around 8:15pm, i reached office and then we had the internal session where i explained what we need to accomplish in coming days and they should kiss their sleep and social lie good bye
then since i was hungry, i called up the person who was to bring in lunch today and asked him
" where be my lunch im hungry"
"i will bring it tomorrow "
so i told him " hurry up , im hungry" , thus i went and had dinner.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL @ "i will bring it tomorrow"
rofl! that's almost as good as my tea guy telling me

"main apko chai nai de ga aap bohat chai peta hai"
he refuses point blank, loudly enough for the whole floor to hear :D

so like, you were online when you getting your ass kicked.
that's 1000 points for jazba :)

Anonymous said...

wow, just reading that makes me overwhelmed. At least your head is still above water

M said...

woah.

Congratulations.


khana kal ayega. soye kab? parson?

oh n i updated! c'mon pat me back!

Anonymous said...

yes this is pretty intense... reminded me of my oldr days in the corporate sector, where i used to work late and the guys used to stay back and sleep in the office to meet deadlines.

mE said...

reminds me of the development days, there the dealines were such that sometimes we had to stay back in office.

For my final year project submission, i stayed in office for 7 days , out of which 5 i was awake striaght till the time of submission, all my group mates who were working on it were sick and the rest did not knew what to do, so it took me 7 days to study and implement the thingy on my own. it was fun